Sunday, April 10, 2011

gorgeous day.

Oddly enough, the Toe hurts super bad, but when in Vibram Five Fingers, no pain, go figure.  Today has been filled with laying outside soaking up Vitamin D, and reading my Hunter S. Thompson book.  Days like Today make me very happy, just being me.  Sometimes in life we tend to get jaded to our own situation, brought down by life.  I feel like my day-to-day routine drains me of my creativity, much like steel to the grinder.  Days like today, build me up, make me whole again.  I missed warm weather, sure I hate being hot, but it's so rejuvenating and powerful.  I long for the first spring storm, thunder booming, filling the entire sky with firelight and cannon bursts in the distance.  I love waking up to rain, even more, working in it

Other news, the Trees are starting to bud in a big way, this is exciting as that means we will soon have flowers on this particular tree, which is very exciting!


Also Chives are starting to arrive which is a good indication that I should eat them.  Need to cook outside very soon, must have grill time!  Not sure about when to start planting a garden, or even if I should this year, but I think maybe some potted herbs would be nice, just a quick set-up nothing to complicated or sophisticated.






So as the day slowly draws to an end ( well the productive part of the day) I am very grateful for all of the little things it would seem, the little windmill in the front yard for example, that for no other reason than spite, persistently spins in whatever direction it pleases.  I can remember at least three occasions when I've had to pick up the windmill from the other side of the yard and move it back to it's home.  It's astonishing that it even functions. 

5:55pm. I've been writing for an entire 10 minutes now, probably too much time invested in being easily distracted, and not as much in quality wordsmithing.  Oh well, that's what you get for the day!  Have a good one...

1 comment:

  1. It made me very happy to see that my grandmas flowers were starting to come out of the ground. I'm so excited for summer.

    ReplyDelete