Wednesday, April 6, 2011

cell phone idea.

So my good buddy Alex over at Fighting for you this way blog made a post today :CLICK ME!

In this blog he talks about turning off his cell phone for a whole day.  This amuses me because my iphone contract ends this month, two years of high payments and low service.  My iphone has become something of a mainstay in my life, a way to escape reality and immerse myself in the internet.  This is all about to change.  I want to rid myself of texting, twittering from a phone, facebook for iphone and all the other 'apps.'

I purpose this, one YEAR of pay as you go phone lifestyle, one year of not answering facebook replies via phone, one year of no twittering via phone.  I want to spend more time in the real world with real people, doing real things.  Make this year as amazing as possible, make it what it really is, LIFE.

I wonder if it will work, and I don't make any illusions about how hard it will be to break this addiction, this drug.  My phone has for the last two years been my scapegoat, my albatross if you will.


SO we will see how this works, we will find out HOW well this works for sure.

Posted from my iphone.... just kidding.

2 comments:

  1. everytime i send an email off my phone it says "email sent using the sprint now network on htc sense" so i ixnay that shit real quick. talk to my dad about the tracfone idea i think he has been looking into it for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  2. probably go ATT pay as you go, since ATT has decent service and such. Tracfone is garbage imho.

    ReplyDelete