Friday, April 8, 2011

So to explain what happened with the computer

So here's a brief overview of what happened with the windows box.  I got a virus, and my virus scan said OH NOE I CAN'T FIXED IT!?!?! 

Next thing I see is a prompt saying 'hey buddy, your hard disk failed, sorry man.' 
Following that I decided to see what disk it was, of course it was the one with all my music/photos.
Post this check, I decided to open the disk ( it was grayed out and had an X through it.
empty.


Panic panic panic.

My music was still working in Itunes...
My photos were still visible when I input the Direct link in explorer.



we open all the containing folders in an application ( 100+ folders)
Watch as the screen fills with boxes and chaos.  Three kittens got their wings because of this operation.
Decide to ask Alex d. if they still had hidden files, he confirms.
Three clicks later it's all visible and I'm rocking and rolling.

Great motivation too backup, complacency is not cool guys, back up or prepare for disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment